Visiting Associate Professor, Graduate School of Science
Deputy Group Leader, Geochemistry Research Group, Submarine Resources Research Center, Research Institute for Marine Resources Utilization, Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
I’m interested in the genetical linkage between global environmental changes through the Earth’s history and ore formation/preservation processes. By using geochemical methods such as Re and Os isotopes, I’m conducting the researches on metallogenesis of various deposits. Japan has the world’s 6th largest exclusive economic zone and a plenty amounts of seafloor mineral resources are distributed. Through the research cruises, I’m investigating the genesis of seafloor hydrothermal sulfide deposit, ferromanganese crust/nodule and REY-rich mud. I want to unravel genesis and enrichment mechanism of metal elements through the collaboration with geology, mineralogy, geochemistry, geophysics and structural geology.
- Nozaki, T. and 10 coauthors, Depositional age of a fossil whale bone from Sao Paulo Ridge, South Atlantic Ocean, based on Os isotope stratigraphy of a ferromanganese crust, Resour. Geol., 67, 442-450, 2017.
- Nozaki, T. and 12 co-authors, Rapid growth of mineral deposits at artificial seafloor hydrothermal vents, Sci. Rep., 6, 22163, 2016.
- Nozaki, T., Kato, Y. and Suzuki, K., Re-Os geochronology of the Hitachi volcanogenic massive sulfide deposit: The oldest ore deposit in Japan, Econ. Geol., 109, 2023-2034, 2014.
- Kimura, J.-I., Nozaki, T., Senda, R. and Suzuki, K., Precise determination of Os isotope ratios in 15-4000 pg range using a sparging method using enhanced-sensitivity multiple Faraday collector-inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry, J. Anal. Atom. Spectr., 29, 1483-1490, 2014.
- Nozaki, T., Kato, Y. and Suzuki, K., Late Jurassic ocean anoxic event: evidence from voluminous sulphide deposition and preservation in the Panthalassa, Sci. Rep., 3, 1889, 2013.
- Sato, H., Onoue, T., Nozaki, T. and Suzuki, K., Osmium isotope evidence for a large impact event in the Late Triassic, Nature Commun., 4, 2455, 2013.
- Nozaki, T., Suzuki, K., Ravizza, G., Kimura, J.-I. and Chang, Q., A method for rapid determination of Re and Os isotope compositions using ID-MC-ICP-MS combined with the sparging method, Geostand. Geoanal. Res., 36, 131-148, 2012.
- Nozaki, T., Kato, Y. and Suzuki, K., Re-Os geochronology of the Iimori Besshi-type massive sulfide deposit in the Sanbagawa metamorphic belt, Japan, Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta, 74, 4322-4331, 2010.
- Nozaki, T., Metallogenic study of Besshi-type volcanogenic massive sulfide deposit using a Re-Os dating method, Chikyukagaku (Geochemistry), 49, 65-78, 2015 (in Japanese with English abstr.).
- Nozaki, T., Kato, Y. and Suzuki, K., Recent geochemical research using a Re-Os isotope system: Its principles and applications, Chikyukagaku (Geochemistry), 48, 279-305, 2014 (in Japanese with English abstr.).