Our department has been reorganized as 'Department of Planetology' since
‘Message from our department
@We have embarked on a new step forward since FY2015. Department of Earth
and Planetary Sciences has been renamed Department of Planetology, as planetology
is a discipline that integrates earth sciences with planetary sciences.
@ We are very much keen to answer a primordial question, "Why is this
planet to be the Earth?" In order to answer this fundamental question,
we are aiming at comprehensive understanding of the evolution of the earth,
planetary and solar sytems by analyzing various processes occurring at
spaces from the center of the Earth to the edge of the solar system with
@EIntegration of earth, planetary and space sciences
@ECultivation of talented persons who will lead the ocean- and space-oriented nation
@ENew curriculum that promotes a sense of changes and evolution of the earth and planets
@ECooperation with other research organizations, universities and graduate
@ENew entrance examination system for the master course (planned)
- Junichiro Makino has assumed position of professor in Division of Frontier Planetology.
- We announce the new job opening for Tenure-track faculty (Program-Specific Assistant Professor with an annural
salary) Planetary Astrophysics Group
- Hiroko Sugioka has assumed position of assistant professor in Division of Frontier Planetology,
and Tetsuo Nozaki has assumed position of visiting assistant professor in Cooperative Division.
- Renewal department homepage site.
- Past topics and news are here